Friday, February 12, 2010

Our Projects so far.

The projects we've completed up to this point are a few imperative ones.  The first was we replaced the siding on the gable ends with Hardyplank.  We went up against a tough Landmarks Commission, but we were granted our permit.  Thankfully, I was concerned I would be impaled by dropping pieces of vinyl everytime I parked the mini-van.


The next project, also imperative from a water seeping aspect was the paint job.  We had wanted to paint the house Benjamin Moore's Hawthorne Yellow from the day we closed.  We finally did, and with GREAT results.  I could not have been more pleased.




The other project that I completed that I'd been longing to do since we moved in was replace our kitchen knobs.  Wow!!  What a difference.  The cabinets are what I would call almond and the knobs were white.  White on almond!  I swear it was a migraine headache.  I didn't realize it, but the lack of contrast between the knobs, but the different whites were just a visual migraine.




As you can see we also replaced the dishwasher. This is actually our FOURTH dishwasher since we bought the place. "Uncle Chuck" replaced our first with a reconditioned dishwasher, so when that went, we were like "Hey, let's get 'Uncle Chuck' to get us one of those reconditioned one." Dude, the man spent the Fourth of July replacing our washing machine smelling of whacky tabaccky. We're not going with "Uncle Chuck's" reconditioned appliances anymore. Isn't our new dishwasher pretty? Isn't it great that it works? Yay Sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment